Monday 17 June 2013

YOUNG, WILD AND FREE....

www.ventures-africa.com just blew my mind with the article 'How to build A multi million dollar online business in Nigeria' with an exposé on how a 30 years old Nigerian Tunde Kehinde and his Ghanaian friend he met at the prestigious Harvard Business School built an online business that started hitting the million dollars revenue mark in less than a year! Jeez, where the hell was I when this two got together to draft this deal?
I always feel impressed, depressed and obsessed whenever I read about the success stories of young,  hard working Nigerian men who have made a mark in their field of endeavors. Especially if they are single, and under 30!
Am no failure but when I look back and remember the fire I had in my early twenties after leaving University, fueled by my belief in God (unto born again things) and a retinue of motivational books and speeches from pastors, paperweight entrepreneurs and those in between, I really thought I would be a front page feature in every business magazine as Nigeria's new business wonder boy before turning a score and ten years.
Sadly, all energies channeled to a few business ideas and joining some social groups in the hope of getting a good network has left me still jumping out of bed and heading to the door for my nine to five J-O-B! And am way past 30 now.......
So I have been thinking, do I need to have a Harvard degree or school abroad to have the kind of pedigree to attain such a phenomenal feat as Tunde and co? Does my business have to be all techno savvy to attract venture capitalists from abroad? Do I have to keep living the fantastic life of being young, wild and free in my head only, and not enjoy the freedom of running my own business with passion, vision and conviction? I guess the answers to these questions are all blowing in the wind....
To those young Nigerian brothers home and abroad, who still have youthfulness, resilience and a dream to be their own bosses, I recommend this article to you as a source of inspiration.
May you be possessed with the spirit of entrepreneurship whilst you are still young, wild and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment