Sunday 23 June 2013

SOCIAL MEDIA, FLIRTING AND ALL THAT JAZZ....

I must confess that since I got my iPad, I have become an unrepentant social networker. I swear I have signed on to Facebook, twitter, badoo, twoo,naijapals, ghanaweb.....even weibo! You name it, am on it!
Now you might ask me if I have forgotten something in cyberspace, and I won't be mad at you. We are in the Internet age, damn it, and am not subscribing to my Internet services provider for nothing's sake.
There is a trend I have observed that has really got me thinking that a handful of guys and an ocean of  girls on all these platforms live in fools' paradise.
I mean really what do these pretenders think the social media is for if not for socializing? What in God's name do you think the owners of these sites created these platforms if not to allow ( I dare say, encourage) virtual flirtation between and among strangers as well as known persons alike under the guise of pseudonyms?
So when you get a hit from an interested person from the other end of the keyboard and you are sure you ain't on a Christian dating site or your company's website (where everyone signs on with their real names or traceable user IDs), then you should always expect discussions with some of your contacts to tilt towards a personal level, even if it bothers on the obscene, sensual or erotic!
It is always up to you to indulge the curiosity/fantasy of the other party or where your sensibilities stand a risk of being infringed upon, hit the delete botton, pronto!
But where you prefer to resort to giving a lecture on morality or promoting your 'holier than thou' credentials to a total stranger in a virtual world still far from having any boundary for accountability, just remember you are your own worst enemy.
The world of social media is not the place for such piety! Period!!

No comments:

Post a Comment