Sunday 16 June 2013

THREE IS A CROWD, LADY: DAY OR NIGHT!

As I get dressed for a date this evening with  Nina (girls and their funny names!), a bout of trepidation fills my mind! A thousand thoughts run through my head but a particular one keeps the alert bulb blinking. 
Yes, guys how many times have you played yourselves into a first date with a broad only to arrive the venue and find out that the dinner for two was actually going to become dinner for three, four or five persons, no thanks to your date who thought it safe (or smart) to bring along extra baggage?
I know I have found myself in that situation so many times and I must say I always felt a sense of betrayal and exploitation. 
Why agree to a first time outing with a man who obviously is interested in having some intimate moments with you and then bring along a chaperone ot two? Why should a discerning lady come along with an extra pair of legs without as much as considering the level of discomfiture the presence of another stranger will bring to the table?
I have heard many funny reasons why some of these girls engage in such uncharitable act. Some say they bring along another friend to make sure the guy's overtures doesn't extend to an invitation to his place. Others say they need a second opinion from a close confidant to help them assess the 'prospect'. 
But the most treacherous is the notion that the man must pay his way and gain the admiration, respect and endorsement of the girl's friends by showing how deep his pocket is. It is such unfortunate suppositions that bring about spectacles of embarrassment when the bill at a restaurant and the fellow's budget cannot meet. In the end, the girl and her friends all rise up and hurriedly say their 'goodbyes (to poor Harry) and leave Mr. Romantic to sort out his mess!
So as I head towards the door, I pause for a minute to confirm that My ATM card and enough cash are in my wallet. Don't know if I will be playing host to a crowd tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment