Saturday 29 June 2013

LIVING NEXT DOOR TO THE ADENUGAS!

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to be the next door neighbor to an old money heavyweight in the shade of  the Adenugas, Dangotes, Otedolas or IBBs before?
Well, I got invited to spend the night at the residence of Mr. And Mrs Jones (not true name, we consider security seriously over here) in one of the estates where the creme de la creme of my society lived up,and got a taste of it.
As soon as we had driven into his compound which had  two deluxe three-bedroom semi detached apartments, one of which he occupied by around 8.00pm, my friend announced that we couldn't go out again? Why? Because his neighbor would have released his four Alsatian and bull mastiff dogs within the hour.
'So, no hanging out tonight?'
No sir! Besides, the estate gates will be locked by 10.00 p.m and no resident or visitor will be allowed in or out. And since my name wasn't on the list of the five registered visitors he had submitted at the estate security post, it was certain that I wouldn't be allowed in again after the gates were locked.
So we sat home, drank some red label and watched DSTV.
By morning when I was ready to go, my host had to ask me to hold while he called his neighbor to lock up their wretched beasts (man, you needed to see the sizes of these mugs!) on the phone.
Since he couldn't drop me off, he also dialed the neighborhood taxi to come pick me off. I am still thanking God that he talked me out of walking down to the estate's gates which would have been like doing a cross country exercise.
The most dreadful spectacle for me was the deadly serenity of the neighborhood as late as 9.00 a.m. on a saturday. Throughout the whole 10 minutes journey from my buddie's abode to the gate, there was no body in sight.
No kiosks to buy peak milk for morning tea, no 'mama put '  to branch and rush a plate of hot 'eba' and 'afang' soup, no babe strolling on the paved street to be 'razzled', no nosy neighbor on the street to hail you 'bros, good morning o!' Gosh! It must be boring living next door to the Adenugas.....
Gosh! I

1 comment:

  1. Haahahahahahahaha, some money dey bitter well well.

    ReplyDelete