Tuesday 25 June 2013

NAIJA MEN ARE AFRAID OF 'YANKEE' BABES....

For those who may not know who 'Yankee' babes, let me quickly put a definition to it! 'Yankee' babes are those girls who where either born and brought up abroad ( U.S and Europe) or left the shores of Africa to live and or school there.
Recently I had a chat with a lady friend of mine who intimated me about a friend of hers who had travelled out to read for a Masters degree in the United Kingdom and had returned home to find out that the 'home' boys in the neighborhood were all acting as if they had left their 'balls' at home!
According to the complainant, it was like she had gone abroad and contracted an incurable ailment that made guys libido drop to sub zero whenever they came around her. Usually the conversation goes something like this:
Naija toaster: Hey, baby! How you doing?
Yankee babe: Am good! And you?
Naija toaster: Cooler than pure water. So, are you new around here?
Yankee babe: Well, not really.... I just came back from Manchester where I went for my Masters in AI and robotics engineering.
Naija toaster: Manchester? A.I? What's that?
Yankee babe : Artificial Intelligence...
Naija toaster: O.K, I see.....(scratches his head and starts fiddling with his Samsung galaxy smart phone).
Guy excuses himself as he pretends to pick a call.
Yankee babe: Hello! You leaving?
Naija toaster: Sorry dear, His Excellency just called. I have to rush back to government house. I will call you later.
Guy takes off nicodemously still clinging to phone.
Yankee babe: But you haven't taken my number.....

Forget it, Suzie. The brother has bailed.
Which obodo Naija guy will be able to handle a girl whose idea of a relationship will revolve around going to the cinemas, eating at fast foods joints,talking about Kim Kardashian and her excesses, demanding for breakfast in bed and fantasizing about vacation overseas?
Am not sure one would find as much as the number of fingers on my left hand. Or is any brave Naija man out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment