Monday 17 June 2013

MONDAY MORNINGS ARE NIGHTMARES FOR REAL

I don't know who ever invented Monday mornings but truth be told, I dread waking up on Monday mornings!
Especially when you are a Nigerian banker living in a fast growing metropolis that has the signature dreadful traffic, bad road networks, zero electricity (there goes my morning tea), epileptic communication network services and a horde of unsatisfied and impatient customers who definitely will be on their way to my office as we speak.
What makes waking up so dreadful is usually that I try to catch all the fun Sunday nights can offer...sitting with my buddies, drinking beers and some local gin, talking about escapades and indulging in gossips about who got hooked this weekend, and who got dropped! Usually, our gathering always gets broken off a couple of hours after midnight with each man crawling back to the nest from where he came, sometimes with a bed in hand, sometimes not!
For me, I had discarded my bedside table clock which had its alarm set for 4:30am after I had realized it made me wake up later than the thirty minutes 'extra nap time' I hoped to catch before facing the day! Now I just gamble on opening my eyes intermittently and once the traces of the sun get sighted, I roll out of bed!
Today is worse...the rains are here! With my car at the mechanic's and no colleague with a vehicle living close by for me to hitch a ride, i dare say this Monday has started on a nightmarish note!

No comments:

Post a Comment