Saturday 10 August 2013

WHEN IS SHARING NOT OKAY IN A RELATIONSHIP?

Now this post is going to hurt but I need to get some feedback.
So here goes: when is sharing not okay in a relationship, be it an affair or a marriage?
Or do couples in love have to share any and everything just because they have to build/maintain trust?
I have had a few friendships that the other party felt I had to share my privacy all the time. For example, I had to keep my phone unlocked so she could play some inbuilt games or view the pictures in the gallery. And if any call did come in while we were together, I had to debrief her after the call on who phoned and  what the gist was all about.
In some other case, I had to leave my boxes in the wardrobe open so that the lady in question could 'arrange' my stuff whilst I was out at work. Now, I can't say the wardrobe didn't look better after the arrangement but I know she did some serious ransacking of my personal effects to find out whatever I may have been 'hiding' from her.
How about when couples have to go out to public places and one of them decides to flaunt his/her 'possession' to the world so that people know they are an item without considering that there are moments when the other party just wants to be free to behave as an individual with  his/her preferences, idiosyncrasies and demeanours?
Does being in a relationship mean a person can't have a 'me' time? Do we have to lose our sense of individuality to be able 'reassure' our partner that we are being faithful and true to the game?

1 comment:

  1. Being in a relationship doesn't mean u can't have a 'me' tym...personally,I want 2 have a 'me' tym once in a while whether in a relationship or marriage,now,dat doesn't mean I av a cocroach in my cupboard..y would I search my boyfriend/husband's phone or wardrobe 2 knw if he's been hiding sumtin frm me?I believe in 'what you don't know can't kill you' so its better I don't knw u do those things so I can continue 2 look gud and fresh than knowing and losing weight..but that doesn't mean I won't ask questions when necessary..

    ReplyDelete