Saturday 3 August 2013

HOME, SWEET HOME....

It has been seven wonderful days in the city of Lagos and I must say it was a big learning experience for me.
First, the four days intensive facilitators training workshop hosted Deloitte was world class and the model used was something so brand new to all the participants. And for me, having a white lady tutor me was a new experience altogether.
Surely, there is this thing Lagos does to its visitors that makes you have a dejavu feeling when the moment comes whenever you have to say goodbye and that is how I feel right now as I head towards the airport to leave the bustling metropolis and return home.
I love the Lagos feeling, not minding the traffic situation that leaves one exhausted, the never ending rush hour madness that flows from dawn to dusk,
the scheming dispositions of merchants to fleece you, the lack of agape love as 'nobody bring you come eko' , and an atmosphere  of  near success that may very well be the only consolation prize of many  of the residents of this great city of opportunities.
As I leave Lagos, I relive the experience and draw an analogy that makes me conclude on behalf the many visitors that come and go, that the city is reminiscent of a weekend escapade with an experienced mistress that leaves you fired up to run back to the arms of your legally married wife back home.
So, adios eko and welcome Uyo, my home, sweet Home!

1 comment:

  1. Of course, there is no place like HOME. It is good to be HOME. Welcome back. Congratulations on ur training

    ReplyDelete