Friday 9 August 2013

LET'S JUST KISS AND SAY GOODBYE....

As I took my shower this morning and recalled a recent conversation with an ex-lover who was trying to stage a comeback. The lines in an oldie sang in the eighties that said something like '....am gonna miss you, I can't lie.... let's just kiss and say "goodbye"' came to mind.
I don't know why but there is this feeling we all get about returning back to an old love affair, especially when we find out we aren't really getting fulfilment in a new one or when we believe we still have a fighting chance to take the centrepiece of our object of affection's hearts.
Why do former lovebirds go back to a shut door and try the handle once more when they know that whatever had torn them apart would still be lurking somewhere in the shadows because of a truth, people don't change.
I have come to accept this fact that what a person can't tolerate can't be endured for long and no matter how much patchwork is done, the cracks start to show, sooner than later.
If there was any antidote that would have stopped the lovers from going their separate ways the first time, it would have been applied to keep them together then.
And attempt to come back usually accentuates the positions of the 'winner' and the 'loser', judging on who is spearheading the comeback attempt.
when the pot has cracked, it should only be kept for use as a monument and never as a container to hold water.
So I hope to say to my ex when I meet her face to face, 'let's just kiss and say goodbye'!
What is past, is past....

No comments:

Post a Comment