Sunday 7 July 2013

LOVE PORTION 101

Whenever I get propositions from female admirers to cook 'something' for me, I usually do a double take on such offers.
For God's sake I am a bachelor in a town renown for the fable that women here put love portion inside meals they prepare or serve men, if they are interested in keeping the man for themselves only.  I don't know how true, but does love portion really exist?
Now I am not saying ladies don't go voodoo on guys they desire and that iit doesn't 'catch' them but I am trying to rationalize why anyone will have to go to that extent to secure love. If love is really a matter of the heart, shouldn't it be the man's heart that a lady be gunning for, rather than the mind?
As much as men have not shown discretion and common sense most times when they gravitate to whatever catches their fancies, it doesn't mean that real men dont know what can keep them chained to one woman's waist. And usually, it isn't much!
It is usually not the thick make ups, near bare dressings, superficial sophistication, 'notice me' naggings and what-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitudes that endear a real woman to a man.
Rather, I believe true 'love portion' is embodied by a woman's personality: soft spoken, amiable, forgiving, considerate, kind hearted, willingness to share....and patience!
There may be more but these few virtues seem to be disappearing fast from the qualities one sees in the 21st century urban, liberated and goal getting Nigerian/African woman! It is as if a man must be made effeminate and domesticated 'enough' before he can be given some regard in today's relationships. So, my menfolk over here get served magnanimous doses of 'Kop no mi' and an equal ration of sex for them to fall in line.
But my take still stands as thus; what you get by treachery, you keep by treachery! You will need to visit the 'love doctor' in order to maintain the potency of your medicine, lady! And for how long?
So, rather than girls going wherever to get diabolical love portions to turn the head of men to 'focus' on them alone, they should endeavour to invest their time in building some of the above named virtues that will make them continually attractive to their men for the long haul.
That, I believe is the ingredient that makes up the  real love portion '101'.......

No comments:

Post a Comment