Wednesday 17 July 2013

GIVE SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR TOMORROW....

As usual work days, especially Mondays, are a drain on my spirit! And I am too convinced I share the feelings of thousands, even millions of hard working people in Nigeria, Africa, the whole world!
For me, it is not that I am not well renumerated but in recent times the realization that I am stuck in a rat's race job that conflicts with my values, knowledge and skills sets plays on my mind to the point of stupor!
I wake up dazed, go to bed dazed, resume at my desk dazed, hurry back home dazed all inthe while thinking when this asphixiating roller coaster will stop so I can get off.
With younger and more qualified (or should I say certicated!?) people stepping into my industry and being assigned supervisory roles over and above those of us who have had to earn our keep by sweating through the ranks, the frustration of being told what to do by a boss who resumed as your trainee only a few months ago is something worth giving more than just a passing thought to!
I understand that the global crises has had its ripple effect on local economies, governments and private institutions so as such any one with a semblance of a 9-to-5 job should be thankful to the Almighty. But I ask, where is the dignity in being a willing slave of a system that neither caters for your needs today, and damn well cares far less about your well being tomorrow, when you will have been spent and useless even for yourself?
If you don't have people who had worked so hard for the system and retired around you, you may stop by at my place! I have my two retiree parents who gave their all but now have to hold night vigils to get their dues from their former employers.
So on an end note to all you hard working, 9-to-5ers, who believe that by some stroke of luck or grace or favour, your pot of gold will be waiting for you at the end of the rainbow after your work life, do yourself a favour and give some thought about your tomorrow!
Moral of the story? Have a retirement plan, that's all!


No comments:

Post a Comment