Sunday 14 July 2013

A CASE OF THREE ANGELS....

On Thursday, I had to take a flight to Lagos, Nigeria's commercial nerve centre for an interview and like always I had the 'normal' belly cramps that comes with the fear of flying.
All week long as I contemplated having to make that journey, I took every step to reconcile with my Maker, knowing that I would be nearer Heaven for most of the one hour journey, airborne.
My prayer all week as I thought of the journey ahead went something like this; 'Lord, give me an angel to take charge of me as I journey through clouds!Amen!'
And guess what?
Of course! The Lord answers the prayers of His saints!
The answer to my prayer came in a threefold measure. Yes, three angels were assigned to me on that trip.Hallelujah!!
Now let me explain.
Firstly, as I got scanned and ushered into the departure waiting lobby, I spotted Reverend Akan Weeks, a renown city Pastor who was scheduled to fly on the same plane, having a chat session with a couple. His presence brought some calm to my spirit as we soon queued up to board the plane.
On the Tarmac, my eyes settled on the imposing figure of Evangelist Uma Ukpai, arguably Nigeria's biggest and most decorated Evangelist dressed in an all white lace native wear and strolling towards the plane from the V.I.P lounge.
Now the sight of this great Man of God drove away all the remaining bout of fear from my spirit. Surely, there was no way this plane was going to fall out of the sky....not with the host of angels accompanying God's General on this flight!
I took my seat 18a, by the window on board the Aero flight 152J and soon flipped open the book i had carried along to help keep me distracted along the way but as the Lord would have it, a gorgeous looking damsel strolled throgh the aisle and just as I muttered a line of prayer for her footsteps to be ordered aright, she collapsed into the seat next to me! Now, this was a better distraction. An angelic distraction, you might add.
And what a tranquil flight it was all the way....airborne, with three angels on my case!
Who says I don't serve a living God that answers prayers?

1 comment:

  1. talk, talk. U too talk. Pple like u only know and remember God when close to death. I blame u

    ReplyDelete